Thursday, March 3, 2011

Helping Christchurch

It's been heartbreaking to see the devastion in my city. From those who lost their loved ones and those whose homes are ruined, right through to those who have helped out, this tragedy has touched everyone.

I feel fortunate that I still have a home, which also housed my business. A lot of others are much less fortunate, so I want to do something to help. For the rest of March, I will donate 10% of all sales in my Felt store (excluding postage costs) to the Red Cross earthquake appeal. I will also select items in which the whole sale price will be donated. After the September earthquake, I received some very pretty teacups from The China Cabinet that had suffered broken handles. As I still have these – one is made up into a candle, the other two still waiting – I think it fitting to donate the proceeds of the sale of these teacup candles to the earthquake appeal.







I have amended the listing already up on Felt, and will add the remaining two once I have made them up. However that might have to wait until next week when hopefully the aftershocks will have decreased a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment