Monday, June 15, 2009

Craft 2.0 roundup and Knitting in Public

After a mad few weeks, Craft 2.0 finally arrived. It was great to finally give my wares an outing for the world to see. I got a great response, the crochet mix-tape purses were a hit (pun intended!) It's inspiring to be surrounded by so many talented crafters, and a rather delectable looking cupcake display. Thanks to Lucy and Sue for organising another fantastic Craft 2.0.

The candle recycling also went down a treat. I am now the proud owner of a large quantity of boxes of candle ends from the local convent, all ready and waiting to be recycled into lots of new candles. If you have any old candle drips, ends, ugly or broken candles or tealights, trade them for a 10% rose among thorns discount coupon. Trade any used rose among thorns candles for a 20% discount.

On Saturday I joined the hordes at the Dux for the annual Worldwide Knit in Public Day. I re-acquainted myself with the art I learnt a very long time ago, and knitted what looked the beginnings of a very small scarf. Definitely a skill I must use more, I'm sure it won't be hard finding some nice things to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment